Feature Friday - Featured Listing
Today's Feature Friday is a featured home listing! Bobbie Carll is featuring this beautiful Durango home. Tucked into a mountain at almost 8000 feet elevation this one-of-a-kind solar retreat house features round living spaces with vast expanses of glass, and skylights designed for winter sun pouring through to heat south facing adobe walls and bancos. Cooling evening temperatures then naturally draw heat out from the dense walls into the living area creating a warmth one feels to the bone. Rough cut slabs of wood frame each window to create a pleasing contrast with smooth plaster walls and deep panoramic views.
* 180 degree 100 mile views from mountains down onto the plains of New mexico
* Smooth exposed bricks reveal an elegant adobe core to the walls
* Super-effecient, wood-burning Russian stove
* Sculptured adobe bonco seating rimming the great room perimeter
* Kitchen area overlooking the living area, featuring wood fronted appliances, thick slab counters and vegetable pantry.
* Custom sink with inlaid pottery backsplash
* Walls plastered with satiny earth-tone plaster
* An office area surrounding the user on two sides with built-in slab-wood desk and behind by a stereo/filing closet
* Tree roots misshapen by growing through rock cracks perform as hardware for the cabinets and drawers
* Free-form bathroom tub using tiles and rocks collected from world travels
* Crystals tastefully textured into the walls form towel holders.
* Master bedroom views to the Pagosa Springs Mountains some 50 miles away
* Old-school wood fired sauna containing a large two-person shower
Current News, Information, Fun Things To Do, Accommodations, Ski Packages, Weddings, Family Reunions Or Simply An Amazing Vacation In The Southwest Colorado Mountains ~ Durango.com Is Your Resource Covering Durango, San Juan Mountain and The Four Corners Area!